Monday 15 March 2010

Individual Responsibilities:

Making our promotion package for Delphic's 'Doubt' consisted of three main processes, research, filming and editing. The research was completed by every one of us, each browsing the Internet and YouTube for ideas, of shots, angles, etc. As well as looking at existing band websites and digipaks, we shared the workload, and as a result shared the information we found on each other's blogs.

The whole production of our music video was of course a team effort and we each had a go at every aspect of the production process, however we each proved individually successful in different areas and therefore used this to our advantage to be able to work as quickly and efficiently as possible.

We were all involved in the creative side; developing the concept. I found myself constantly writing down and sketching ideas then pitching them to the rest of the group. Once we had decided what exactly we wanted from the video, I had a significant role in planning each shot, and how the video would plan out. This of course lent to the role of director in the filming process. I had a critical role of telling our lead actor what to do and where to go whilst filming. In addition I had a role in the video itself, and although I do not have much screen time, there are a lot of point of view shots from my perspective. I tried to be behind the camera as much as possible when I was acting in it; I shared this duty with Jordan and Sam. Louisa was in control of the lighting, and did an effective job of making sure each shot would translate well onto screen.

Post filming me and Louisa had a small hand at the editing, but Jordan took the main role of editor, proving to be the most successful in the group. At the start of the editing process we tried all sitting around the screen taking turns and helping each other. Consequently there were conflicting ideas and visions, and it became an easier process with just Jordan taking the reins. I constantly overlooked the editing, lending help and constructive criticism where appropriate. Towards the end of the editing process, Sam had a go at editing; manipulating the footage we got from our last shot.

Sam had previously worked with dream weaver in IT, therefore he had main responsibility in the making the website. The rest of us gave him ideas, including colour schemes, font, layout, etc. and again I was always there to lend a helping hand or give him any ideas.

The digipak was created primarily by me and Sam, however Louisa did come up with some great concepts and visualisations; she was the photographer for all of the images we used on the digipak, because the remaining three of us featured in the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment